Pages

Friday 15 April 2011

Oranges not Apples







Well, what can I say? I feel like a parent who loves one more than another. That said, you just have to look and you will see why. This electric (yes, plug in) orange Adler Meteor stole my heart. I found it online & haven't looked back.  Made in Nurnburg, Germany (in Bavaria) it is a solid precision portable with smooth, silent carriage return.  Manufactured in 1974 it is in great condition. Bright orange with contrasting black keys and trim. It is called Meteor and I believe the font is a 12 Elite.  I have used it a few times already & find it a pleasure to type on; great speed, responsive, quick action to the keys, it is going to be a difficult decision not to want to work with this machine everyday. It does have a bit of a scent to it and I am thinking it might be from either oil that has dripped into the motor, or a total lack of oil in the motor. I will have to see about a possible tune-up some day in the future. I will not be able to tackle those types of electrical issues. I should mention its beautiful matching plastic case in the same bright orange. This machine is a pleasure to look at and and equal pleasure to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment