Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Hermes, you're my baby now.

                                                                                     


This Hermes originated in an estate sale on Long Island and was/is in near mint condition. Its sleek profile can be seen in these pics. It is from the '50's and is that great minty green colour; I can picture one of these Rockets being used on a train in Europe or at a small cafe on the Left Bank. Yes there is a romantic aura that surrounds collecting typewriters, I cannot help but feel this nostalgia when I am using them today. Made by Paillard & Co. in Yverdon, Switzerland, these machines are highly collectible mostly because of its solid build, unusual colour and reliability. I own several Hermes and will post those images later.      



1 comment:

  1. レイバン サングラスをかけて、ものがもとはっきり見える場合もあるでしょう。それより、レイバン RB2140をかけると、その人はもっと若く見えるでしょう。レイバン ウェイファーラーはこのように、人々をオシャレにさせるように設計されました。

    ReplyDelete